CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Eggs and My Dad

So since I'm stuck at home until my mom comes home from spin class, or decides to answer her phone, I think I might waste some irreplaceable time on my blog. I'm going to regret this on my death bed. But anyways, I was just thinking about breakfast. Not sure why, but I was. So every morning my dad makes me eat breakfast, which isn't too bad, except when he makes eggs. My dad's a great guy, and a good cook don't get me wrong, but for the life of him he cannot make eggs. Have you ever had burnt eggs? I have. My dad enjoys making over easy and scrambled, which are my favorite, but, he can't cook eggs... at all... I think part of the problem is that he won't use butter or olive oil on the pan, because, they're not as healthy as the spray stuff. Can't remeber the name right now. Thats ok. But what happens is the eggs don't cook like they're supposed too. You know how over easy eggs are usually pretty buttery? Imagine over easy eggs without being cooked in oil or butter thats what I eat every other morning or so. They do this weird thing, where the first layer turns brown. It tastes like how I would imagine burnt paper with cat piss on it to taste. The scrambled eggs do it too. And also because its unhealthy, my dad won't put any salt on them. Although sometimes he'll drench them in ketchup, I HATE ketchup. Its like I can feel the corn syrup in it sliding down my throat. Its gross. By now you're probably wondering "Josie, if you hate the eggs your dad makes so much why don't you ask him to make something else?" Funny thing. I would, but because I'm a vegetarian, my dad makes me eat it, because supposidly I'm going to die from lack of protien in my diet. Added to that, he thinks I have an eating disorder, I know its because he cares, but my metabolisim isn't the same as his so I'm not as hungry as much or as quickly. But my mom walked in so I'll write more later.