CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Scene

This is the Scene I wrote for drama if you wanted to read it...

Girl is sitting on curb, ideal setting would consist of rain. Man walks by on side walk, glance down, keeps walking. Then he turns and stops for a double take. And so, our scene begins.

Rich Man: It's been A long time.



Poor Girl: I suppose it has been.



Man helps her up by taking both her hands. For a moment they exchange glances, the girl looking almost abandoned, as if holding back tears, the man's gaze filled with disgust.



Rich Man: Look what's become of you.



Poor Girl: I am not ashamed of what I have become. You how ever seem to be very much embarassed.



Rich Man: When did you stop caring?



Poor Girl: It wasn't I who stopped caring.



Rich Man: You think I had a choice?



Poor Girl: holding back tears of frustration Of course you had a choice! You, you could have stayed. You could have stayed, just a little longer to see what could have happened to us.



Rich Man: I was just a boy!



Poor Girl: I was just a girl! But I seemed more prepared to face what we had created.



Rich Man: What do you mean?



Poor Girl: I was pregnant. You just left me.



Rich Man: I had no idea... I'm so sorry I should have never left you...



Poor Girl: bitterly You only say that because you know.



Rich Man: I loved you... I still love you. I should have never left. I still love you.



Poor Girl: You want me to believe that after you left me? You only love me because of the child that os no more.



Rich Man: Don't you care about me?



Once again he grabs her hand, leaning in as if with the intent to kiss her. She, however looks bewildered. She pulls away slapping his hand.



Poor Girl: Don't touch me. It'd be best if you'd leave now.



Rich Man: looks up and down the street Where do you live?

Poor Girl: It doesn't matter. Just leave.

Rich Man: Please, just give me another chance. Please, come and stay with me, just for awhile, until you get back on your feet.

Poor Girl: Stop pretending I know you married her. Leave.

The man walks away, the girl sits back down upon the curb and begins to sob.